Store Receipts Could Be Making You Really Sick
When you go to CVS and get a receipt that's three miles long, it turns out they just handed you three miles of poison.
According to MarketWatch, a new study by an environmental nonprofit out of Michigan called The Ecology Center, store receipts could be making you sick. Really sick.
They tested a bunch of receipts at grocery stores, restaurants, and major retail chains, and they found that because of the thermal printers the stores use, 93% of their receipts tested positive for the chemicals BPA or BPS.
Those chemicals have been linked to negative effects on your hormones and your metabolism . . . and they've even been linked to things like infertility and autism.
And, according to The Ecology Center, 90% of our exposure to these chemicals comes from receipts.
So what should you do? Obviously, try not to handle receipts . . . but if you do, wash your hands before you eat. And if you work in a store where you're touching receipts all day long, think about wearing gloves.