North Adams Firefighters Save Home From Garage Fire
A chicken incubator is suspected as the cause of a devastating fire that destroyed a two-car garage and threatened a nearby home in North Adams on last evening.
IBerkshires.com reports that firefighters were able to save the home at 1664 South Church St. owned by Paul and Diane Lesure but the garage is a total loss.
Acting Fire Lt. Matt Labonte said the garage was fully involved upon arrival.
The Dutch-style garage had a full second story that had caved in within a half hour or so of the first calls that came in around 6 p.m.
No one was home at the time and the owners came home to find the blaze already going. They were able to get their dog out of the house.