Keep the Flu Bug At Bay: CDC Prevention Tips
- Avoid close contact with sick people; and while sick, limit contact to keep from infecting others.
- If you have flu-like symptoms, stay home for at least 24 hours after your fever is gone, except to get medical care or for other necessities.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze and immediately discard the tissue.
- Wash hands often with soap and water or use an alcohol-based hand rub.
- Keep hands away from eyes, nose and mouth to avoid spreading germs.
- Clean and disinfect potentially germ-contaminated surfaces and objects, especially if shared with others.