July Fourth Events In Berkshire County/Southern Vt.
Fireworks at 9:30 p.m., after the 6:30 p.m. SteepleCats baseball game against the Sanford Mainers at Joe Wolfe Field, 310 State St. Rain date: Thursday.
- Race for Independence 5K Fun Run, 1 Mile Walk, 8 a.m. at Chapin lawn, 16 Water St.
- Hometown Parade, 11 a.m., Southworth Street to Spring Street.
- Free barbecue, noon, Walden Street, and Capital Brass concert at the post office.
- Williamstown Theatre Festival brings the founding documents to life, 1:30 p.m., at Williams College Sawyer Library.
- Hometown Fun and Fireworks: vendor sale, 4 to 10 p.m.; performance by the Crossover Cloggers, 6 to 7 p.m.; acoustic music with Buddy Madison, 7 to 9 p.m.; fireworks at 9:30 p.m., Willow Park, East Road.
- Annual bell ringing by Bennington Rotary, 1:30 p.m., Bennington Town Hall, 205 South St.
- Historic Games and Colonial Fun at the Bennington Monument, and reading of the Declaration of Independence, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., 15 Monument Circle. Bring a chair or blanket
- Community picnic from noon to 2 p.m. at American Legion Post 90, 5970 Route 7. Enjoy lunch, old-fashioned fun and games.