Here is an example of what wasn’t a good idea, to begin with, and went very, very bad.

ABC 13 - Grand Rapids reports this actually happened back in October of 2012, when a guy in Holland, Michigan found a dead squirrel and took it into his girlfriend's apartment to cook it up and eat it.

A free squirrel makes for some damn good vittles, as you know.

But before he could dig in, he had to remove its fur . . . and his method for that was a propane BLOWTORCH.

This is where things go VERY Very bad.

The squirrel caught fire, then the apartment caught on fire, then the entire COMPLEX caught fire.

There was a huge legal battle between the apartment complex and the woman's insurance company in the four years since the fire, with numbers as big as $2 million being thrown around to cover the damages.

But their long, roadkill cookin' nightmare finally came to an end . . . when the building owner and the insurance company settled for $300,000.

There's no word on whether the woman and her boyfriend are still together, or if he's still eating roadkill.

More From WNAW AM