Gov. Charlie Baker said Thursday he will release a plan next week on steps Massachusetts is taking to prepare for a possible outbreak of a new virus spreading around the world.

Baker told reporters that, since the beginning of the month, there have been daily conversations among the Massachusetts Department of Public Health, the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local health departments about COVID-19.

He said the federal government already has taken steps to screen those arriving in the U.S. from affected regions.

Baker said. "But, again, I would point out that here in Massachusetts, based on the data and the information and the guidance that we've received so far, this remains a low threat."

Read more at  The Berkshire Eagle.com